Guess Who Said It?

August 26, 2010 by billie789

It’s that time once again when we guess “Who Said It?”

Well, I ask and you guess. I’m trying to make it a little more interesting and a little less likely for the answer to show up on your first Google search attempt.

Who, in polite company, yelled,”‘Baby Killer!” at a high-profile Democrat?

A-Hippies waiting at LAX airport for returning Viet Nam soldiers.

B-Scott Roeder, the dude who shot and killed Dr. Tiller, the abortion clinic director, as he approached him in church the day of the shooting.

C- Bill O’Reilly yelling at a passing ice cream truck.

D- A Republican

E- All of the above

Go ahead, make my day!

About these ads

15 thoughts on “Guess Who Said It?

1. Stu says:

“I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate.” — Randy Neugebauer

Interesting offerings as to the other selections. Politifact maintains that O’Reilly didn’t call Dr. Tiller “Babykiller” without attribution. I know that returning Nam Vets were called babykillers by protesters, but that doesn’t fit the “Polite company” and “Democrat” criteria you framed your question with. Scott Roeder may have exclaimed that as well, but again it doesn’t fit the criteria of polite company, etc…

2. Bill says:

Well, now, remember, an airport could be “polite” company. What does “without attribution” mean as far as O’Reilly goes? And you’re saying that church isn’t “polite” company?

If I changed ice cream truck to Dr. Tiller, I could make the case that it’s all of the above.

Due to a requst from Adam, I’m not giving it up until tomorrow.

Thanks for playing. Maybe I just want you to think it was a nutjob from Texas ;-)

• Stu says:

It was the “High Profile Democrat” part that ruled that one out for me, not the church part. Without attribution means he did not call him that personally but reported that he was called that, and attributed the source. Splitting hairs? maybe…but I got it from Politifact. But it was a fun exercise!

3. torqdog says:

I’ll take door # 3 for $500.00

4. Adam says:

OK so I got my boots on along with my pole and sinker. I know squat besides what get spoon fed to me when it comes to politics. I do remember the news spoon feeding me some clips and excerpts about that guy yelling it out during or just after a session with in the house. With that said

A-With some hippy’s at an airport. I’m willing to bet it was said there under those circumstances but I don’t believe it to be your answer.

B-Scott the Doctor killer. I know he said that all the extremest do. I willing to bet when he was preforming the described act of murder he said it but again not your direction just a word descriptive and lengthly answer that is right but not correct.

C-Bill O’Reilly.. From what I perceive he is a odd ball in broadcasting. People do dumb stuff and he seams like the kinda individual that might try a skit or stunt or some BS stuff like that so i give it a possibility and most likely your target With the consideration of key words given and perception of everyone goggling there answers

D-The Ruby’s. Being what I remember it was a ruby that yelled that out in one of the houses. So again a right answer as I perceive it. But not what I believe your answer is.

E- Correct in a technical way possibly your choice

I’m still going with C-billOreilly

Did I win anything?

5. torqdog says:

“Go ahead, make my day!”

Dirty Harry :-)

6. BIll says:

Stu had it with Texas Republican Rep. Randy Neugebauer, whom apologized to Stupak and all of Congress for his outburst.

Stay classy, you Congressional Outburst People!

• torqdog says:

I knew that but I figured it was time for a different winner.

Stay classy, you Congressional Outburst People!

There’s some wishful thinking right there. I think it would be difficult to find “classiness” anywhere in the halls of congress.

7. Bill says:

You’re right, of course, but…

To me, this business of shouting-out a personal insult at a Democrat in the midst of an important topic-speech is a low that belongs almost exclusively to Republicans. They excuse that kind of childish behavior by explaining that they were just too “passionate” about the subject matter and couldn’t control themselves. Never happened when Clinton was president and no Demos I know of have ever shouted at a Republican president giving a speech. Just sayin.’

• Stu says:

I don’t know that either party has a corner on the market. Mr Weiner sure called out some Repub when he was shouting and pointing at whoever it was to, “Sit down – SIT DOWN!” in that one video clip. I don’t watch CSPAN enough to know though. Yeah he didn’t call him baby killer, but he wasn’t exactly a poster child for Parlimentry procedure either.

I’d be willing to bet that many of them mix it up in there from time to time. That doesn’t excuse Neugebauer, but I’m not seriously disturbed by his actions. He did apologize. Don’t know if Weiner did. Doesn’t matter to me either way, really.

And no, I wouldn’t be any more or less bothered by it if the parties were reversed.

• torqdog says:

Barney Frank has had more than one instance where he was borderline out-of-line and the Weiner thing was also borderline. You’re right Stu, neither party has a corner on this market. It just seems like it’s all Repubs right now cuz they’re in the minority and sometimes frustrations bubble to the surface. It’s been going on for far longer than any of us have been around.

• Jane says:

i dunno. If you looked at the Weiner incident mentioned in context, I would be suprised to find someone say it was out of line.

8. Adam says:

crash and burn..

9. Bill says:

oK, my last word on this is: When was the last time Weiner or Frank or any Demo shouted “You Lie!” at a Republican President during an address to Congress?

I’m not trying to be a “pill,” but c’mon you guys! Sheeesh! The real story isn’t about creating false equivalencies, but why are these things happening now?

When you walk through that door, the story just begins, in my opinion.

• torqdog says:

“Why now” you ask? This country is more polarized right now than it’s ever been in my lifetime…… maybe in it’s entire history though they say it got pretty rough back in the 1800s. Folks in the minority are extremely frustrated with the current folks running the show as they have been all but completely shut out of the process. Bush, in spite of all his faults was roundly criticized by members of his own party for going overboard in accomodating the opposition. Obama gave lip service to bi-partisanship in his last SOTU address but there has been little if any effort made and that includes Reid and Pelosi. As I stated, frustrations are bubbling to the surface and in a way, I can understand why. Doesn’t mean I think it’s right nor am I trying to make excuses for their behavior, I just can understand why it might be happening now.

And ya gotta admit, there has been a constant erosion of common decency in society in general, so why would Congress be any different.

Good question this week Bill. It stimulated some bonified, genuine debate. :-)